Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's The Little Things


A week ago yesterday my bf and I had a blowout and he took off. It's been rough but looking on the bright side, some good things have happened this week.
- I got a car. Yeah, it's 10 years old. No, the AC doesn't work. But, it's mine; I don't have to ask permission to use it.
-I got my pants back from the cleaners. I had to have them altered and have never done that before. Perfect length. Very exciting.
-I got my first paycheck, and it was more than I was expecting.
-I got some new red shoes.
-I went to walk around the dirt track at St.Ed's and witnessed a bird in the middle of a mating dance--live and in person! He was all puffed up and walking weird, then he did this weird lift-off move and fluttered above the object of his desire like a hummingbird, bobbing up and down. She wasn't into him. It was kind of sad. Still cool to watch.
-I had two nice nights out w/ friends. One involving tasty margaritas and nachos.
-I took my ipod in to the Mac Store for "servicing" and found out it was still under warranty. They couldn't fix it so I got to trade mine in, which was a year and a half old, for a brand new one. For free!
-I spent quality time with the kitties.

1 comment:

Afbloghi Blogs said...

jesus! i'm sorry! well, it does sound like the universe/jesus is trying to cheer you up this week. i would like to know more about the red shoes. that sounds interesting! i just had a kid. it really hurt. bad. where are you working? i'm sending more good thoughts your way.