Thursday, May 15, 2008

Champion Procrastinator


If there's one thing in this world I'm good at, it's procrastination. Just thinking about all the things I need to get done makes my head spin. So, for the betterment of my mental state, I choose not to think about them. Or do anything about them. Then "tomorrow" comes, the day of getting things done, and it starts all over again.
I'm so envious of people who are proactive. Proactive people rule the world. They're not smarter, or more talented, or more capable than the rest of us--they're just doers.
Before I graduated last December, I should have had a plan. I'm not in my 20s anymore. It's not as though I wanted to take time off to find myself, or travel. I mean, it would have been nice, but, time's a wasting! as they say. And I'm old enough to know better. Instead, I put things off. "What are you gonna do?" "I dunno...something will come up!" Well, it didn't. Still hasn't.
I've been considering law school for awhile now. Recently a friend asked what my plans were with all that, and if I'd taken the LSAT. "I'll get around to it" I told him. "Well, it's only offered a few times a year." Stunned silence followed. Of course it's only offered a few times a year! Why wouldn't it be? Why hadn't I thought of this already? I did some quick googling and found out the next test date is in June. Which gives me a little over a month to prepare. I went out and bought some prep books. They're still sitting on the table. I also heard Sodoku was good practice so I bought a book of puzzles. I've completed one. I need to go for a walk. I need to finish any of the four books I'm currently reading. I need to call my mom and tell her I'm sorry, I forgot all about Mother's Day. I need to clean the cat box.I need to get a job. I need to eat better. I need to find a new place to live before the end of the month. I don't even have a TV! Why is it so hard to do stuff. Why does doing stuff have to suck so bad? Oh god. This is all too much for me to deal with right now. Must take a break.

No comments: