Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's A Dirty, Dirty World



I really, really like what this guy does. I have a similar fascination with dirt. I like to clean mainly for the before and after effect. I love all those commercials for cleaning products that show a kitchen counter or living room carpet or bathtub completely covered in dirt and muck until they take their superior spray product, or vacuum, and voilĂ --pristine again!
Like new...because no one likes old.
I also have similar experiences with dirt as this dude. I've worked in a number of restaurants and bars and on my down time couldn't help but look around to see what needed cleaning. Inevitably, I would find one particular dirty spot--spruce it up, step back, and then just like this dude see the contrast between my recently renewed spot and the rest of it, still covered in cigarette smoke or oven grease. It's overwhelming. It's like that Cinderella song "Don't Know What You've Got (Till It's Gone)".
Anyway, cheers to this dude. I wish he lived in my neighborhood instead of the thugs w/ spray paint who like to "tag" everything in sight with illegible letters and misspelled words that mean absolutely nothing to anyone but themselves. Dirtbags.

No comments: