Thursday, September 15, 2011

High Five

I'm just two days away from a full week of no cokes, meat, eggs; and just a touch of cheese and cream. Oh--and no processed foods. Hold on...I'm having to rethink this. I bought some scones that come in one of those biscuit type cylindrical cans that pop open when you twist them. They weren't pillsbury or anything; they were organic and all natural. Still, I'm sure I consumed some egg and I'm not sure that wasn't processed food. In fact, I'm not really sure what "processed" means. But I ordered the companion book to the movie Forks Over Knives, and that's supposed to tell me. It's like how some religious people believe if you're unaware that what you're doing is a sin while you're doing it, you're not really sinning. See how convenient rationalization is?? Today for lunch I had a frozen Amy's Mexican Casserole. It was organic, which made me feel good about it. And it contained tofu, which I usually don't like but was fine with here. Maybe because I just wanted something other than a vegetable so bad. I also had some chips and salsa. There's a small and shitty cafeteria on the first floor of my building and I was really wanting a drink other than water so I went down to see if they had something without high fructose corn syrup and, as I suspected, they had some some Sweetleaf Tea. I bought some; it sucked. I used to drink a ton of that stuff. Maybe I got a bottle from a bad batch or something.
I don't have a car so depend on rides from whoever but mainly Jeff on his scooter. He never wants to take me anywhere. I got home from work and we chatted about cars (he went and looked at used Pathfinder for me--it was a piece of shit. That's what happens on a budget of $5k). Then it was like 7:00 and I was like "Take me to the store!!" I was thinking about sweet potatoes so I bought some. I also got some onion, cauliflower and asparagus. I tossed 'em all in some grapeseed oil (the only kind I have b/c my friend who's a chef said it goes with everything) and I thought I had some oregano but I didn't so I used this Tony's all-spice stuff. Put that shit in the oven (the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes, then the rest of the shit of another 20) and served it up. Jeff loved it. After dinner I made myself sick on chocolate covered peanuts. I'm so bloated. Oh, also I discovered that my lemonade and topo chico blend well together!
At the store while in line at the checkout I noticed one of the rags had a pic of a very young pageant girl--I suspect from that Toddlers and Tiaras or whatever show. I go "Jeff, look." And he goes "Ooh. She's hot." I'll find the pic...FOUND IT!

No comments: